Sunday, March 23, 2008

Thing # 23 The End??

This journey has not been easy for me. I am an digital illegal alien, and I spent quite a bit of time lost in the desert without water.

Some discoveries:

Google Tools. And it's free
Teacher tube. And it's cool, and useful.
Open Office. Why are we still paying for Microsoft?? Are there really pitfalls we didn't explore, or does the world enjoy financing Bill Gates' lifestyle?
There are some great places to go for othere views on librarianship.

Some thoughts.

For the next classes, please offer some face-to-face, or phone-to-phone time for those of us who are totatlly intimidated by the technology. Something along the lines of catalog camp would be helpful. Not all would need it, but it should be available.

I will take the next podcast/vidcast class offered, if I can get some gentle one-on-one help.

What doesn't kill us makes us stronger. Yeah, sure.

Had fun. Learned something.

4 comments:

VWB said...

I knew you could do it...and you did! Congratulations!

you have learned a lot (might take you a bit to realize) and you have taught me (if not others) a little along the way as well!

I surely hope you will keep your blog active...you have an interesting take on this thing called "Life, Library Style"

Terry said...

I'm glad you made it and you helped me laugh along the way! Happy to have shared your journey from afar!

Book Nook Girl said...

Yea! You did it! I kept checking for your blog all day yesterday! Your posts were great! They allowed me a chuckle along the way! Now that you are done, what are you going to do with all this extra time??!!

LKP said...

You did GREAT! I am soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo proud of the discoveries you made, and you are an AWESOME librarian, I am blessed to work with you!