Sunday, March 23, 2008

Thing # 21 Podcasts and Vidcasts

Alrightty now! I can use this stuff. I finally find something where I can envision uses,I just don't understand how to do it. Due to technical problems (like not being able to spell technical problems) the podcast is not up yet. One of my hang-ups over new equipment (not new technology, but the equipment will be new) that will be coming, is a lack of vision as to how to use this stuff. A student-produced story should just about do this. Fasten your seatbelts, it's going to be a bumpy ride!

6 comments:

RCELibrarian said...

We'll have to make a group to work to learn the technical stuff...even with a step by step...I'm hit or miss each time I post a podcast! I thought by the third or fourth time I'd know how...but....ehh...I'm getting old!

Terry said...

Did you try audio or video (photo story) The missing piece is a place to get the link for the audio podcast. I use Media Max. It's free -yes, another user name/password but then you upload your podcast, move it to hosted and then you get a URL that you can use for a link. There are probably other ways but this has worked for me.

VWB said...

I am getting the dreaded red x here at home...so I am not sure what is going on...
I will try another one myself (probably not tonight) and see what is the deal!

I have been sucessful once so I'm not totally nuts...just maybe cracked!

The Man in the Middle said...

OK, here's how we fixed this. VWB noticed I was editing in HTML, which is where I always work. By switching to COMPOSE, I found the clip I spent so much time searching for. It was apparently there when I left the media center.

Anyways, enjoy. I'm going to bed.

Book Nook Girl said...

I saw it and it is great! You have a super reading voice! Looks good!

LKP said...

Come play with us at Recess this summer and we will all find new ways to use all of the tools we "played" with! I loved your Pod/Vidcast!!!