Sunday, March 9, 2008

Thing # 13 Tagging and Del.icios or something like that

OK, now I'm really getting lost. Tag is a game I played as a child. Delicious is what I say about my wife's potato salad.

But I digress. I was unable to fully view the video due to audio problems that I do not believe are at my end.

Tagging really looks like more work than I want to do. When I tried to look at the examples of sweets, I could not see the point. I found myself in websites in every language except the one I understand.

And from my experience with cataloging materials, and the 650 marc line, there needs to be standardization of the tags, or it just will not work. I cannot remember my work login half the time, how am I to remember the tag system I made up for stuff I find just as easily by google?

Now, once I get rid of all my library books and quit reading to my children, maybe I'll have time to tag the Internet. Until then - Next!

No comments: