Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Thing # 8 RSS

RSS Means Really simple syndication, but that doesn't mean anything to me. Really simple stuff might work.

Anyways, I created an account in Google, added several library blogs, my preacher's blog, and a library comic strip that hasn't really impressed me, yet.

What do I like about it? It's easy to do.

How do I think I might use it at school? I might look for blogs about grants, Accelerated Reader, and read-a-louds. I am interested in a project where we would try to help parents become readers to their children. I hate to re-invent the wheel, so I will look around for others who are already doing this.

With a little work, I think I could assemble a number of worthy feeds that could provide useful info to me without me having to search for it.

It's worth a try.

1 comment:

Terry said...

I agree that this one is worth spending a little more time on. Some of the 23 things have been nice to know about but I don't see a use yet. RSS, Google Reader has definite benefits.