Friday, June 11, 2010

Thing #2 Frustration sets in quickly



lets try this for the 4th time.



This is a wordle from the ESPN article about the first World Cup game.

I do not do well with print screen and then cropping. As you can see, I got something leftover on my screen.

I would like Wordle much more if I could save straight from wordle without having to print screen.

I can see uses for my students, aside from just play value. When I copied an entire article, without reading it, the word count quickly suggests main points. This is not fool proof, however, so I will caution little Johnny to go back and actually read the article. I think we can use this to start the thinking process.

I looked at Sift, but was not particularly impressed.

I will try one of the other gizmos later.

1 comment:

jlfoster said...

You are not alone with the frustration on posting Wordles. Many have those little glitches to work through. I loved the little flip video of the student on your next post. I haven't tried to post a flip video - it must have been easier to figure out than posting the Wordle. I am always reminded of what kids go through when I am trying (in vain) to figure out something.